As a pastry chef and chef I love knives and have been a picky chef since 1992 when I started my Culinary arts program.
A good knife makes all the difference right?
And it is a tool we use every day so we might as well get the best one! I love Cangshan knives!
What to look for in a chef knife?
Sharpening retention (how long the blade keeps it’s sharpness)
Grip, ergonomic handle, what I call a good flow in chopping or slicing.
I have used many brands, types and styles. I like these the best for all the above reasons. Again you need to find the one that feels good to you and that you like the weight, handle, blade, size and shape.
So far this brand one has been my most popular one in my classes. And they are Chef Thomas Keller’s knives also how cool is that?
- Full tang forged from high alloy Swedish Sandvik 14C28N Steel with exceptional sharpness, holds an edge up to 5 times longer than German Steel X50Cr15MoV
- Patent pending design knives focus on uniquely tapered tang, makes each knife comfortable and perfect for precise cutting
- Well balanced 8-inch blade with HRC 59 +/- 2 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale
- Each Knife comes with carbonized solid ashwood half open magnetic sheath
- National Sanitation Foundation(NSF) Certified, lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects